
There has been so much going on in
my life since I last blogged that I don't have time to type it all out. (Still
have to get the dictation software uploaded that is still sitting in the box
staring at me now as we speak!) Here's the short list:
I'm back in college(YEA!) and this
is my second semester. I've only been taking prerequisites but I feel GREAT! I
had straight A's (a first for me EVER, including MATH of all things!) last
semester and am attempting that same goal this semester. So far so good..B in
Math and we have yet to have a graded exam or paper for my English 122 class.
The family and I ALMOST moved cross
country for a job promotion for my husband. No relocation, not cost of living
increase, no bonuses and a HUGE cut in pay nixed that rather quickly. I was
disappointed to say the least but it has opened doors more here for us ALL.
Finally got my chronic pain and
headaches taken care of..at a cost of course but well worth it. Just wish it
could have been in a more timely fashion. Note to self: Never go to a male
doctor. They don't listen to the small details at all. New female doc had me
diagnosed in 3 minutes flat after review my chart and health history. Who knew
allergies could cause migraines? (I DID I DID.. but no one would listen to moi!
lol)
My son "M" (or Mini Me as
I like to call him these days) has gotten into a MUCH better school just 15
miles east of town. He only has school 4 days a week and he gets to ride the
bus. He's VERY impressed thus far. Not only that, but there are only 11 kids in
his class. (Poor teacher has all boys minus 4 girls!)
He loves to share all he has learned throughout the summer as we read every book that he could get his hands on that was related to animals, bugs, geography or science in general. His teacher is very impressed with his vocabulary and keeps telling us how much he ADDS to the class and helps his other classmates out. The last note she sent home she said that it is kind of nice having him in class because he helps out so much with explaining stuff to the kids who are having a hard time understanding or following along. "He simplifies it so well that it helps to remind me of how to go back and simplify things a bit better for everyone."
Right now they are studying about the ocean and all of it's animals. This just happens to coincide with his LOVE of the octopus. Upon entering the classroom, he was quick to explain how it is that an octopus is able to change color. "It's due to their chromatophores.." as he launches into more detail. The look on her face was priceless. Mom couldn't be any more proud! She also said he's reading at a 5th-6th grade level and he's only just started 2nd grade. And here I was considering home schooling....pshhhhh! Nuts to that noise!
Things have gone from bad to worse
along the adoption front. No big surprise really when you set boundaries and
then they get totally disregarded. All of this done under the guise of being
for my son's sake. (Which is nothing short of a flat out lie.) There is so much
there to write about I swear I need to write a book. I have had lots of people
tell me to do so but I'm just not interested as I know it would drive the
perfectionist side of me to the brink of insanity! One of these days I'll bring
that up to speed. Life is just so full and good right now, I hate to go down
that road of negativity. I really lack the emotion to right about it right now
as I just don't care to put forth the energy it would take for me to do so. I
will though, I promise.
Until then I leave you with a quote I found so fitting:
P.S.
Ok so I didn't realize I had that
many people who actually READ what I write! Good grief! My inbox has been
inundated and my statcounter went off the charts with this post. Alas here I am
only an hour later from posting this originally. If you feel the need to read
of the carnage of my adoption journey recently, here you go. Mind you,
this is a VERY condensed version and the names and emails of said guilty
parties have been included, edited of course.**
August 24, 2011
Karie Welton Stevens
·
Erica,
I think a truce is in order here. I was just going through my messages in FB and noticed you had sent me a message. I finally got around to reading it. Before then, I did not know you were even on FB.
I see that you are extremely frustrated with my looking at your blog and you finally closed it to me. That's fine. I've been realizing that I need to go ahead and respect your privacy and feelings and just not read it anymore. Let me say, though, that you set a precedent 2 1/2 years ago when you were using your blog to communicate to me about cutting off your relationship with Koby. I am asking that you also respect me and not share this on your blog or with others...this is between you and me.
I have a few things to address 1) You believe that my friends are writing messages on your blog-this is NOT true!!! That would be psycho of me to send my friends to your blog to write obnoxious comments. A little over a year ago, I was telling a friend about some of the things you were writing about me on your blog. She wanted to read it and I hesitantly gave her your blog site. She posted a comment, and as soon as she told me she posted it, I asked her to remove it because that wasn't appropriate-she complied. You then turned around and reposted what she deleted. She felt bad she did that and hasn't looked at your blog since (that I know of). She is the only friend I've EVER given your blog address to. If you are getting obnoxious comments from others, they are NOT coming from any of my friends-they have better things to do with their time anyways, and as I said, no one else but that one friend has ever seen your blog. This is the God's honest truth.
Secondly, NCH has not contacted me this summer. If they have been telling you that they contacted me, they are lying. I've been told some lies by them as well, so I wanted you to know they didn't contact me-if they tell you they did, it is not true.
I wish you had not cut off all communication with me. I don't hate you and I only want what's best for Koby. If this relationship could ever be repaired, I would welcome that. Koby is a great kid and I wish you could know him. He looks a lot like you and is becoming a very sensitive young man. You'd be so proud of him! He is taller than me now and is excelling in school and football. He's a great kid, Erica-your son is growing into a young man. We did an open adoption because we wanted YOU in his life!
I apologize for lack of respect for you-but I would hope you had a little understanding-if I was writing a blog about you and your son, you'd be concerned too, I'm sure. I will back off-you deserve your own feelings and to be respected by me and I would ask that you try to understand where I'm coming from as well.
Karie
I think a truce is in order here. I was just going through my messages in FB and noticed you had sent me a message. I finally got around to reading it. Before then, I did not know you were even on FB.
I see that you are extremely frustrated with my looking at your blog and you finally closed it to me. That's fine. I've been realizing that I need to go ahead and respect your privacy and feelings and just not read it anymore. Let me say, though, that you set a precedent 2 1/2 years ago when you were using your blog to communicate to me about cutting off your relationship with Koby. I am asking that you also respect me and not share this on your blog or with others...this is between you and me.
I have a few things to address 1) You believe that my friends are writing messages on your blog-this is NOT true!!! That would be psycho of me to send my friends to your blog to write obnoxious comments. A little over a year ago, I was telling a friend about some of the things you were writing about me on your blog. She wanted to read it and I hesitantly gave her your blog site. She posted a comment, and as soon as she told me she posted it, I asked her to remove it because that wasn't appropriate-she complied. You then turned around and reposted what she deleted. She felt bad she did that and hasn't looked at your blog since (that I know of). She is the only friend I've EVER given your blog address to. If you are getting obnoxious comments from others, they are NOT coming from any of my friends-they have better things to do with their time anyways, and as I said, no one else but that one friend has ever seen your blog. This is the God's honest truth.
Secondly, NCH has not contacted me this summer. If they have been telling you that they contacted me, they are lying. I've been told some lies by them as well, so I wanted you to know they didn't contact me-if they tell you they did, it is not true.
I wish you had not cut off all communication with me. I don't hate you and I only want what's best for Koby. If this relationship could ever be repaired, I would welcome that. Koby is a great kid and I wish you could know him. He looks a lot like you and is becoming a very sensitive young man. You'd be so proud of him! He is taller than me now and is excelling in school and football. He's a great kid, Erica-your son is growing into a young man. We did an open adoption because we wanted YOU in his life!
I apologize for lack of respect for you-but I would hope you had a little understanding-if I was writing a blog about you and your son, you'd be concerned too, I'm sure. I will back off-you deserve your own feelings and to be respected by me and I would ask that you try to understand where I'm coming from as well.
Karie
1 comment:
Okay! I knew you could do well - and you are as my analytical mind predicted! YAY! I suck at math, but anything else - I smoke it!
Post a Comment