Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Be still

"Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." ~Psalm 46:10


I read this verse the other day on a friends "profile" & it was the catalyst for a conversation between us. 


We began talking about how there are usually three answers to prayers: yes, no & wait. I mentioned that I have often wondered, when does a "wait" turn into a "no", or how do you tell the difference in a "no" answer verses a "wait" answer. 

We never got the the bottom of that conversation. I guess there is really only 1 person who truly knows the answer to that & He & I don't speak often. All I do know, is that lately, the stillness I hear is deafening.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Sometimes it is only silent because you are not listening the right way.

birthMOM said...

awesome book- personal revelation, can't recall author right now but its a chickadee, remind me to find out for you.