Monday, July 18, 2011

Tired oh so tired

It's been a while since I have written and I know I need to. I want to, but just can't bring myself to do it. I feel as if there is no point to my words and I am just tired.

Tired of all the emotions.
Tired of explaining myself.
Tired of no one LISTENING but rather hearing me.
Tired of the insensitivity by others.
Tired of the double standards I see.
Tired of being told who or what I HAVE to be in order to receive any respect at all.
Tired of all the assumptions.
Tired of blatant stupidity I see exhibited on a daily basis.
Tired of all things adoption related.
...and this is just the short list.........

For the last week I have been bombarded with adoption. It seemed to be everywhere I went. I watched 2 different tv shows on cable that had adoption themes in them. One was positive the other definitely not. Later that same night, I read a book to M and 3 pages into it, the adoption theme popped up, which of course, prompted questions for him. All of this just makes me want to pull my hair out.

I write when I feel compelled to write. I'm not one of those people who looks for things adoption related to blog about. I don't search the internet for things "adoption injustice" related. I don't care to as I feel that is a waste of time. There are plenty of other bloggers who seem to have those bases covered. For me however, it's like beating a dead horse. You simply can't force someone to read, let alone understand something they are not open to.

So for now I'm just tired. Maybe I'll spend the day at the spa.....Hopefully I can come back rejuvenated and inspired to write.


2 comments:

In Blind Faith said...

Adoption can be exhausting. For me, adoption pops up everywhere when I feel like throwing my hands up in the air and screaming "I give up" because my First Daughter doesn't want contact. Go get recharged, I'll still be here.

(((HUGS)))
InBlindFaith

etropic said...

Exactly! I took all my recent run ins with adoption as a sign that maybe I need to blog..lol.

I'm not a very good writer as I tend to be very blunt and I have a hard time getting out what I am trying to say half of the time. I have to sit in almost complete silence to write because I get so easily side tracked. So yes, I am planning on writing just as soon as I can clear out the house of all the distractions and get some peace and quiet..might be awhile.. ;-)