Tuesday, April 13, 2010

18 drafts..

I have 18 drafts of potential posts that I can't seem to get written. Call it writers block, (I call it, in part laziness) & part procrastination. (It's mostly procrastination to be completely honest.) I have 2 hobbies it seems: genealogy & blogging. Since I have had no contact with my son or his family in over a year, I've thrown myself into my genealogy. Alas, even there I can't seem to escape adoption. I have found other relatives/ancestors who were "touched" by adoption as well.

I guess the truth is I'm kind "over" adoption in general. I'm not angry or sad. I just am. Adoption is just a fraction of who I was/am. I decide how much of an affect it has on my life if any. Right now, I refuse to allow it to be another thing that defines me & my life. I am much bigger & better than it. I'm just plain sick & tired of hearing about it, as well as the the total ignorance the seems to linger. Especially even after all the books, movies, tv shows,news reports, personal experiences & blogs that are dedicated to an open discussion of the topic. I have grown weary, & bored. I have grown cynical & hold no hope for the future of adoption. So why continue this? What's the point in having yet another blog to add to the masses of others that have come before me? I don't think I have said anything of any great importance or anything that someone else hasn't already said, only in a different manner. I'm sure I will occasionally write about adoption once there is something that strikes my fancy. But for now, I'm over it.

No comments: