Here's a little background on me and who I am: (Hope this doesn't come across conceited.)
~I am a married stay at home mom of a 4 year old son, & presently live in Colorado.
~I moved to Colorado after giving birth to my oldest son & placing him for open adoption. He also lives in Colorado and will be turning 10 years old soon.
~I grew up in Nebraska for about 13 years before moving to Colorado.
~To date, I have lived in 5 states: California, Mississippi, Virginia, Nebraska and Colorado.
~I was a "Navy brat" growing up, hence the constant shuffle from state to state.
~I grew up "in the church"; I attended non-denominational churches for the most part. While in Mississippi, our family attended Baptist as well as Nazarene affiliated churches. I consider myself a "non- practicing Christian". (I'll save that topic for another blog.)
~I have a sister who is 5 years younger than me. We are not close by an means. She also resides in Colorado.
~My sister & I were both born in San Diego.
So as you can see I'm pretty plain Jane. Nothing over the top exciting about myself or my life.
I keep asking myself what I want to use this blog for. Why am I doing this? I keep coming back to the same thing: I have a bad memory and don't seem to do well when it comes to keeping a journal. (I can't even begin to count how may years in a row I made that a New Year's resolution) Ok so that's a cop out. I am going to try and use this as a tool to help me stay focused on what is really important in life. I tend to get wrapped up in petty things and focus too much on the messenger and not the message. (I am constantly searching for lost items in my house as well, so a blog appealed to me more for so many obvious reasons.) I tend to be a perfectionist & a control freak too. So what better way to feed my vices than this?
Well I think this is a pretty good start. For the most part, I plan on writing about whatever randomness pops into my head. Specifically though, I would have to say my experience with open adoption will be my main shpeel. (Talk about your funny/odd words.) Ultimately, I really am hoping that I can give someone else some insight as far as what open adoption entails; the details that no one educated ME about.
1 comment:
Sometimes you must write to the ether, to attend to the earth. I too often write to just get it said. As for the control freak and perfectionist, a lot of mom's w/o their children are, simply because it empowers us when we feel powerless.
Post a Comment